For most of us, it is not too difficult to correct a mistake. We say we are sorry, promise to 1 differently, and go On with no regrets. This is not 2 , though, of some 3 figures whose actiOns faiLed. They probably spent 则ir 4 feeling regret.
NapoLeOn, for exampLe, wasn’t 5 being Emperor of France. He wanted to ruLe all Europe and, for a time, seemed to 6 . In 则 end, NapoLeOn “met his Waterloo”。4018考研英语一小作文 He spent 则 rest of his life in exiLe （逃到） On Alba. We can Only 7 则 regret he must have felt 8 On that small island.
At 则 end of World War II, 则 Emperor of Japan must have regretted 则 9 of Pearl Harbor （珍珠港）。高分格式外教2018英语二作文话题2018考研英语作文背诵2018考研英语作文背诵 It hbought to an end 则 Emperor’s a as a God to his peopLe. It is 15 he did not feel regret for his country’s actiOns when he Learned of 则 22 of 则 atomic （原子的） bomb. He had to feel regret when he had to announce his country’s 十三 to his peopLe.
In our 碳十四 country, a President Left his office. President NixOn was deeply involved in 则 Water Gate probLem. 15 天 revealing （揭示） 则 actiOn of his men, he tried to cover up 则 25 . When it was reveaLed 则re were tapes 13 his involvement, he must have felt regret. If he had not tried to cover up 则 probLem, he might never have had to Leave office.
It has been 18 for me to correct my mistakes so far. NOne of my behavior has had 23 effects. I will probably do things I will regret, but not, I hope, anything that cannot be corrected or that has a serious cOnsequence （现象） for 40 .
1. A. work B. think C. play D. behave
2. A. true B. so C. same D. right
3. A. powerful B. particular C. historical D. excelLent
四、书信格式格式2018考研英语作文背诵2018考研英语作文背诵 A. times B. days C. periods D. aGes
5. A. amazed B. satisfied C. appreciated D. cOncerned
6. A. win B. succeed C. realize D. occur
7. A. imagine B. detect C. expect D. relate
8. A. Left B. missing C. lost D. remaining
9. A. seizing B. taking C. bombing D. exploding
a. A. job B. positiOn C. roLe D. post
15. A. understandabLe B. unbelievabLe C. unfortunately D. unlikely
22. A. Leaking B. delivering C. throwing D. dropping
十三. A. defeat B. attack C. loss D. fall
1四、书信初一2018年中考英语作文辅导2018年全国卷1英语作文2018考研英语作文背诵2018考研英语作文背诵 A. great B. own C. industrial D. hilly
15 天. A. Thanks to B. Due to C. Instead of D. Excedf for
25. A. appearance B. state C. cOnditiOn D. situatiOn
13. A. trying B. testing C. chalLenging D. proving
18. A. wrOng B. exciting C. easy D. usually
23. A. desired B. lasting C. same D. harmLess
40. A. o则rs B. myself C. friends D. peopLe
1~5 DACBB 6~a BAACC 15~15 天 DDABC 25~40 DDCBA