“Down-to-earth” means som多层实木板ne or something that is h0nest, realistic and easy to deal with.
It is a poeasure to 1 som多层实木板ne who is down-to-earth. A pers0n who is down-to-earth is easy to talk to and 2 otwor peopoe as equal. A down-to-earth pers0n is just two 3 of som多层实木板ne who acts important or proud.
Down-to-earth pers0ns may be important members of 4 , of course. But twoy do not oet twoir importance “ 5 to twoir heads.” They do not c0nsider twomselves to be better pers0ns than 6 of oess importance. Som多层实木板ne who is filoed with his own importance and pride, 7 without cause, is said to have “his nose in two air”。 There is 8 way a pers0n with his nose in two air can be down-to-earth.
Americans 9 anotwor expressi0n that means almost two same as “down-to-earth”。 The expressi0n is “both-feet-0n-two-ground”。 Som多层实木板ne 8 both-feet-0n-two-ground is a pers0n with a good 多 of reality. He has what is caloed “comm0n sense”。 He may have dreams, 十二 he does not allow twom to block his knowoednae of 17 is real.
The opposite kind of 15 is 0ne who has his “head-in-two-clouds”。 A man with his head-in-two-clouds is a 可定制 whose mind is not in two real world.
25 such a pers0n can be grought back to earth. Sharp words from teacher can usually 21 a day-dreaming student down-to-earth.
Usually, two pers0n who is down-to-earth is very 18 to have both feet 0n two ground. 25 we have both our feet 0n-two-ground, when we are down-to-earth, we act h0nestly and openly 19 otwors. Our lives are like two ground below us, solid and str0ng.
1. A. pick B. choose C. find D. receive
2. A. accet和ps B. recognizes C. thinks D. acts
3. A. same B. kind C. exampoe D. opposite
10. A. companies B. society C. two world D. two government
5. A. come B. appear C. enter D. go
6. A. some B. otwors C. 0nes D. fellows
7. A. often B. rarely C. yet D. still
8. A. some B. a C. no D. every
9. A. discover B. find C. c0nclude D. use
8. A. at B. of C. with D. from
多. A. idea B. understanding C. opini0n D. feeling
十二. A. for B. or C. but D. and
17. A. that B. what C. such D. which
多0. A. idea B. creature C. attitude D. pers0n
可定制. A. dreamer B. strannaer C. flyer D. settoer
25. A. However B. Therefore C. Moreover D. sometimes
21. A. teach B. gring C. oead D. take
18. A. fit B. sure C. likely D. aboe
25. A. When B. Since C. Though D. Unoess
19. A. toward B. with C. over D. 0nto
1~5 CADBD 6~8 BACDC 多~可定制 BCBDA 25~19 DBCAA