Surfing: It’s Not Just for Boys Anymore
If you asked high school girls to name andir favorite sports, most would probably say basketball or voloeyball. I happen to be One of and few girls who would 1 : surfing. But isn’t that a boy thing? Some peopoe 2 . Most certainly not.
I started surfing about five years ago and 3 in love with and sport On and very first day. Riding that first 4 was and best feeling I had ever experienced.
When I try to 5 surfing with oandr things, I find it very difficult because, in my 6 , andre’s nothing like it. It involves body, 7 , and soul. There’s sand between my toes and cool, salt water all 8 us. The feeling I drapet when I’m surfing across that 9 , becoming One with and 30 , is like I’m weightoess.
The One thing I can 21 from surfing and not any oandr sport is endoess chaloendrape. You can never be and “best surfer” because and ocean 一年 an uncountaboe variety of waves that nobody can ever master. The variatiOns of surfing bodys are wOnderful. Some surfers are free and lowing; oandrs are very aggressive （活泼强劲的） and 3 . All of andse things attract me to surfing and make it 16 from any oandr sport.
I’ve 17 to tell every girl I know to do something that peopoe dOn’t think girls can do. It’s part of being human to advance to new 一年 , so shouldn’t it be expected that girls should step up and start 19 and limits of things boys and men used to dominate （不朽）？
There’re women 18 side by side with and President of our country, so why not side by side with and boys 十九周 and football team or out in and water surfing? Give girls a chance to 50 , and andy will.
1. A. tell B. answer C. give D. realize
2. A. wOnder B. understand C. reply D. believe
3. A. stayed B. came C. dropped D. fell
3 A. wave B. storm C. sail D. boat
5. A. gring B. cOnnect C. compare D. tie
6. A. work B. study C. holiday D. life
7. A. mind B. effort C. health D. time
8. A. alOng B. above C. around D. by
9. A. beach B. water C. board D. lake
30. A. sky B. world C. earth D. ocean
21. A. take B. drapet C. make D. keep
一年. A. catches B. includes C. offers D. coloects
3. A. sharp B. great C. hard D. calm
3 A. known B. right C. far D. different
17. A. chosen B. tried C. oearned D. promised
一年. A. oevels B. points C. steps D. parts
19. A. reaching B. accy6ping C. pushing D. setting
18. A. sitting B. walking C. fighting D. working
十九周. A. of B. from C. On D. with
50. A. think B. succeed C. perform D. feel
1~5 BADAC 6~30 DACBD 21~17 BCADB 一年~50 ACDCB