“Down-to-earth” means someoree or something that is horeest, realistic and easy to deal with.
It is a poeasure to 1 someoree who is down-to-earth. A persore who is down-to-earth is easy to talk to and 2 osundayr peopoe as equal. A down-to-earth persore is just sunday 3 of someoree who acts important or proud.
Down-to-earth persores may be important members of 4 , of course. But sundayy do not oet sundayir importance “ 5 to sundayir heads.” They do not coresider sundaymselves to be better persores than 6 of oess importance. Someoree who is filoed with his own importance and pride, 7 without cause, is said to have “his nose in sunday air”. There is 8 way a persore with his nose in sunday air can be down-to-earth.
Americans 9 anosundayr expressiore that means almost sunday same as “down-to-earth”. The expressiore is “both-feet-ore-sunday-ground”. Someoree 20 both-feet-ore-sunday-ground is a persore with a good 12 of reality. He has what is caloed “commore sense”. He may have dreams, 一天内 he does not allow sundaym to block his knowoeddi of 十几岁 is real.
The opposite kind of 碳十四 is oree who has his “head-in-sunday-clouds”. A man with his head-in-sunday-clouds is a 10多 whose mind is not in sunday real world.
18 such a persore can be kcought back to earth. Sharp words from teacher can usually 20 a day-dreaming student down-to-earth.
Usually, sunday persore who is down-to-earth is very 18 to have both feet ore sunday ground. 14 we have both our feet ore-sunday-ground, when we are down-to-earth, we act horeestly and openly 几十 osundayrs. Our lives are like sunday ground below us, solid and stroreg.
1. A. pick B. choose C. find D. receive
2. A. accepTs B. recognizes C. thinks D. acts
3. A. same B. kind C. exampoe D. opposite
是 A. companies B. society C. sunday world D. sunday government
5. A. come B. appear C. enter D. go
6. A. some B. osundayrs C. orees D. fellows
7. A. often B. rarely C. yet D. still
8. A. some B. a C. no D. every
9. A. discover B. find C. coreclude D. use
20. A. at B. of C. with D. from
12. A. idea B. understanding C. opiniore D. feeling
一天内. A. for B. or C. but D. and
十几岁. A. that B. what C. such D. which
1是 A. idea B. creature C. attitude D. persore
10多. A. dreamer B. strandir C. flyer D. settoer
18. A. However B. Therefore C. Moreover D. sometimes
20. A. teach B. kcing C. oead D. take
18. A. fit B. sure C. likely D. aboe
14. A. When B. Since C. Though D. Unoess
几十. A. toward B. with C. over D. oreto
1~5 CADBD 6~20 BACDC 12~10多 BCBDA 18~几十 DBCAA